Parks and Recreation
Tony Borger, Chairman (Term Expires January 1, 2022)
Michael Kresch (Term Expires January 1, 2021)
Robert Cornman (Term Expires January 1, 2023)
Park and Recreation areas owned by Plainfield Township include:
Plainfield Township Municipal Park
This beautiful 11-acre park is located behind the township municipal building on Sullivan Trail. The facility includes: a baseball field, tennis courts, volleyball court, soccer field, and playground equipment.
Plainfield Township Community Park
The 78.18-acre park is located along Kesslersville Road. This facility presently includes: baseball fields, soccer fields, a playground and a walking trail.
The following schools and organizations utilize the Plainfield Township Municipal and Community Parks:
• Pen Argyl Area School District
• Faith Christian School
• Plainfield Township Athletic Association
• Wind Gap Athletic Association
In order to reserve park fields please contact the Township Municipal Office at (610) 759-6944
Plainfield Township Farmers’ Grove
With the help of many volunteers the Plainfield Township Farmers’ Association has held an annual old time country fair at the grove during the month of July for over 60 years. Fair exhibits include cattle, sheep, fowl, vegetables, baked goods, flowers, etc. The tractor-pulling contest and demolition derby are some of the most popular events. We hope you all
“Come Back To the Fair”
The Farmers’ Grove is located conveniently along State Route #191 and Kesslerville Road. The grove can be rented for family reunions, birthday parties, showers, etc., please call the Township Office at 610-759-6944 for further details.
Plainfield Township Recreation Trail
In 1987, Plainfield Township purchased the 6.7-mile, 51.80-acre railroad bed from Conrail and converted it to a hiking and biking trail utilizing Rails to Trails, CDBG, RIRA, Penn DOT and DCNR grants. The trailhead starts at Belfast Junction off Sullivan Trail near Stockertown and travels north to Buss Street. The trail offers many beautiful views along the rural countryside with five bridges crossing over the Little Bushkill Creek. Picnic areas are available at the Belfast Junction and Knitters Hill Road trail entrances. We hope you enjoy your time hiking and biking on the Township trail.
Plainfield Township Recreation Trail Rules
• Enjoy the trail from dawn to dusk
• Leave No Trace: Pick up garbage and carry out what you carried in
• Cutting or removal of trees, flowers, and shrubs along the trail is prohibited
• Discharging firearms from or across the trail is prohibited
• Ride your horse at a walking pace
• Pets are permitted but must be kept on a leash
• Remove all horse/pet waste from the trail
• The trail is designed for non-motorized vehicles. All motorized vehicles are prohibited
• Do not drop, throw or scatter matches, cigarettes or other flammable material
• Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are prohibited
• Soliciting at the trail entrance or along the trail is prohibited
• Trespassing is prohibited.
• Please respect neighboring property owners and stay on the designated trail